Page status (reviewing guidelines)
Miscellaneous Editing Tools
This tool (available from the Specials, Vertices, Edges and Faces menus) allows you to reorder the matching selected mesh elements, following various methods. Note that when called from Specials menu, the affected element types are the same as the active select modes.
- View Z Axis
- Sort along the active view’s Z axis, from farthest to nearest by default (use Reverse if you want it the other way).
- View X Axis
- Sort along the active view’s X axis, from left to right by default (again, there’s the Reverse option).
- Cursor Distance
- Sort from nearest to farthest away from 3D cursor position (Reverse also available).
- Faces only! Sort faces from those having the lowest material's index to those having the highest. Order of faces inside each of those “material groups” remains unchanged. Note that Reverse option only reverse the order of the materials, not the order of the faces inside those.
- Move all selected elements at the beginning (or end, if Reverse enabled), without affecting their relative orders. Warning: this option will also affect unselected elements’ indices!
- Randomizes indices of selected elements (without affecting those of unselected ones). The seed option allows you to get another randomization – a same seed over a same mesh/set of selected elements will always give the same result!
- Simply reverse the order of the selected elements.