Page status (reviewing guidelines)
This needs a complete rewrite, because we should not be using BA thread and video to exaplain something in the manual. It's ok as a extra but not at the main way to describe a feature.
The Pivot constraint allows the owner to rotate around a target object.
It was originally intended for foot rigs.
- The object to be used as a pivot point
- When Target is an armature, a new field for a bone is displayed.
- When using a bone target, you can chose where along this bone lays the target point.
- Vertex Group
- When Target is a mesh, a new field is display where a vertex group can be selected.
- Pivot Offset
- Offset of pivot from target
- Pivot When
- Always, Z Rot, Y Rot, ...
- Blender Artists Forum: Head-Tail pivot Constrain proposal (with Video and .blend), the thread where the constraint was first proposed