Introduction to Animation
- This is a short description of what the manual covers.
- Actions are used to record the animation of objects and properties.
- Drivers are used to control and animate properties.
- Keying Sets
- Keying Sets are used to record a set of properties at the same time.
- Markers are used to mark key points/events within an animation.
- Motion Paths
- Motion Paths are used to visualize an animation.
- Shape Keys
- Shape Keys are used to deform objects into new shapes.
- The Timeline Editor is a quick editor to set and control the time frame.
- This also has some tools for animation.
- Graph Editor
- The Graph Editor is mostly used to edit the F-Curves and Keyframes for Channels and Drivers.
- Dope Sheet
- The Dopes Sheet contains a collection of animation editors.
- NLA Editor
- The NLA Editor is used to edit and blend Actions together.
- Modifiers are automatic operations that affect an object in a non-destructive way.
- With modifiers, you can perform many effects automatically that would otherwise be tedious to do manually.
- Rigging is the process of attaching a skeleton to your character mesh object so you can deform and pose it in different ways.
- Constraints are a way of connecting transform properties (position, rotation and scale) between objects.
- Physical Simulation
- This category covers various advanced Blender effects, often used to simulate real physical phenomena.
- There is the Particle System for things like hair, grass, smoke, flocks.
- Soft Bodies are useful for everything that tends to bend, deform, in reaction to forces like gravity or wind.
- Cloth simulation, to simulate clothes or materials.
- Rigid Bodies can simulate dynamic objects that are fairly rigid.
- Fluids, which include liquids and gasses, can be simulated, including Smoke.
- Force Fields can modify the behavior of simulations.
- Motion Tracking
- Motion tracking is a new technique available in Blender. It is still under development, and currently supports basic operations for 2D motion tracking, 3D motion tracking, and camera solution.
- Animation Scripts
- Addon scripts designed for animation.
- AnimAll, Corrective Shape Keys, Roto Bezier, Motion Capture Tools.