This panel appears in the Shading Context panel group which is accessed using F5 or clicking button in the Buttons window. This panel can have slightly different contents depending on the the type of lamp selected in the Shading Preview panel. Only the differences relative to the Lamp type light are listed. There are five different type of lights:
- LA: - The name of the light.
- Dist: - Set the distance value for which light intensity is half. It has a different meaning if the Sphere button is checked.
- Quad - Use inverse quadratic proportion for light attenuation.
- Sphere - Set light intensity to zero for objects beyond the Dist: value.
- Energy: - The energy radiated by the lamp.
- R,G,B - sliders - The red, green and blue components of the light shed by the lamp.
- Layer - Makes the light, shed by the lamp, affect only the objects which are on the same layer as the lamp itself.
- Negative - Makes the light cast 'negative' light, that is, the light shed by the lamp is subtracted, rather than added, to that shed by any other light in the scene.
- No Diffuse - Makes the light cast a light which does not affect the 'Diffuse' material shader, hence giving only 'Specular' highlights.
- No Specular - Makes the light cast a light which does not affect the 'Specular' material shader, hence giving only 'Diffuse' shading.
- Color button - Set the color spectrum that the light emits.
- Quad1 - Set the linear distant attenuation for a lamp with the Quad button enabled.
- Quad2 - Set the quadratic distant attenuation for a lamp with the Quad button enabled.
For an Area type light a few different fields replace and/or add to the Lamp panel.
- Shape listbox - Select the shape, Square or Rect.
- Size - The size or the area. Note: it doesn't effect the energy output of the light.
- Gamma - Set the light gamma correction value.
The same contents as the Lamp type light.
Quad, Sphere, Quad1 and Quad2 fields disappear as they don't apply to the Sun type light.
Quad, Sphere, Quad1 and Quad2 fields disappear as they don't apply to the Hemi type light.