Armature Panels Overview
Mode: Object mode, Edit mode and Pose mode
Panel: All in Editing context (F9)
Let’s first have a general grasp of the various panels gathering the armature settings, all found in the Editing context of the Buttons window:
Links and Materials panel (all modes)
- Here you find the usual object controls, allowing you to rename it, or to change the Armature datablock it uses…
- It also has some extra options in Pose mode, dedicated to the posing process.
Armature panel (all modes)
- Here you find the global armature settings, control how it is shown, its general behavior…
Visualizations panel (Pose mode)
- Here you find some extra visualization options, specific to the Pose mode.
Armature Bones panel (Edit and Pose modes)
- This panel shows one “sub-panel” for each selected bone, with bone-specific settings (different for each mode). Here you can rename a bone, create/manage chains of bones, etc…
Constraints panel (Pose mode)
- This is exactly the same panel as the one found in the Object context and sub-context. But note that object-level constraints work on a different level then in pose-level. Here, this panel allows you to control the constraints on the current active bone, see this page.