Mode: Object and Edit modes
Hotkey: G or Gestures
Menu: Object/Mesh/etc. » Transform » Grab/Move or Grab/Move on Axis
One of the fastest ways to move things in 3D space is with G. Pressing this hotkey will enter the “grab/move” transformation mode where the selected object or data is moved according to the mouse pointer’s location. The distance from the mouse pointer to the manipulated object has no effect.
The header of the 3D Window displays the distance you are moving.
- LMB or ↵ Enter
- Confirm the move, and leave the object or data at its current location on the screen.
- MMB or selecting Scale on Axis option
- Constrain the move to the X, Y or Z axis, see Axis Locking.
- Object mode
- Zoom in/out
- Edit mode
- Proportional Editing disabled: Wheel does zoom in/out
- Proportional editing enabled: only vertices within the circle of influence are moved. In this case scroll the Wheel to change the radius of the the circle of influence.