Mode: Object and Edit modes
Hotkey: Ctrl and/or ⇧ Shift
Holding Ctrl and/or ⇧ Shift during a manipulation can be used to control the precision more finely.
- Ctrl (Snap)
- Snap the transformation:
- For grab/move and scale, on 1 blender unit (or 10BU, 1/10 BU, etc., depending of the zooming factor of the view).
- For rotation, on 5 degrees step.
- Note that when the snap to mesh is enabled, Ctrl will snap to mesh vertices, not to the background grid.
- ⇧ Shift (Precision)
- Allow finer transformation control but not by precise values (i.e. not by fixed steps).
- ⇧ ShiftCtrl
- Snap the transformation on finer steps than with only Ctrl:
- For grab/move and scale, on 1/10 of the precision with only Ctrl (e.g. if with Ctrl you have steps of 1BU, with ⇧ ShiftCtrl you have steps of 1/10 BU).
- For rotation, on 1 degrees step.