Blender 2.70: Modeling
The Laplacian Deform modifier allows you to pose a mesh while preserving geometric details of the surface. The user defines a set of 'anchor' vertices, and then moves some of them around. The modifier keeps the rest of the anchor vertices in fixed positions, and calculates the best possible locations of all the remaining vertices to preserve the original geometric details.
- Support for N-gons
- The Laplacian Deform Modifier can works fine with armature, hooks or other tools that can transform anchors vertices.
UV support, vertex color. a31b4500936136eeeac3223464f5ea0bcd040331
- When existing faces are available use their UV values.
- When no faces are connected to an edge - generate UV's.
Also add option to stretch U/V to bounds.
- New split methods for quad and ngon faces [manual]. (r60983)
- Quad Methods: Beauty, Fixed, Fixed Alternate, Shortest Diagonal
- Ngon Methods: Beauty, Polyfill
The additions to the Bevel Tool (see below) are also available in the Bevel Modifier. The Vertex Group limit method also works for beveling edges now, not just vertex-only mode.
New wireframe modifier: The wireframe modifier allows you transform your mesh into a wireframe representation. Mesh faces are used to create wires with used defined thickness and materials. Click on the headline for a complete documentation of all options. Added in commit d5263c37faf73d0f6cc2466ac0806fef972119fb
Boolean modifier was re-written in a way so now it does support NGons and it also preserves edges custom data (such as seam and crease). It might behave slightly slower now depending on particular mesh topology.
NGon filling now uses an ear-clipping method which has some advantages over the previous method.
- Guaranteed to fill the entire face, even in degenerate cases (no holes).
- Faster for polygons < 100 vertices.
- Ear-clipping gives more even distribution of triangles.
- Rotating the face won't change topology.
- Method for measuring bevel amount now has choices, available via a dropdown on the tool shelf:
- Offset - old method, offset of new edge from old along sliding face
- Width - width of new bevel face (if segments=1)
- Depth - amount a chamfering plane moves down from original edge
- Percent - percent of way sliding edges move along their adjacent edges
- New Profile parameter to control the concavity / convexity of the profile
- < 0.25 means concave inward, .25 means straight, .5 means circular (default), and 1 means straight along original sides
- Now cut through (Shift-K) works better: it can create vertices in the middle of faces, the way non-cut-through already did
- New option to Knife Project to cut through the mesh
- Vertex snapping now works for curve points and handles. (b0ff255b5538)
- Dynamic topology now has an option to subdivide long edges, collapse short edges, or do both. (19089092739c)
- New tool to remove loose verts, edges and faces. (5568d7c3a17b0e9b6159f5dcfc1985f5ed7b9ac2)
- New tool to remove degenerate edges, faces and face ears (zero area faces and edges). (cc7cfd661736)
- Beauty fill now has an angle delimiter option to limit edge rotation to flat surfaces (60a6b2422dc8459f0a46e071d549abac9af28f00)