Blender 2.69: Addons
New: FBX Import
Initial support for importing FBX scenes has been added, with support for cameras, lamps and mesh with UV's, vertex colors and textures.
However there is not yet any armature or animation support.
Split Vertex Normals
Split vertex normals was added to OBJ and FBX export. They allow to correctly export sharpedges without having to split edges. More
- Mesh exporter was refactored, it is now faster, generates smaller files (in some cases), and handle polygons instead of tessellated tris/quads. r4740
- Improved support for lights cameras and materials (more accurate conversion of Blender settings) r4740
Support for armature parents r4759
Edit Linked Library
Support for proxy objects r4789
Align parameter of layouts
Previously, this setting was implicitly/silently inherited by child layouts when set in a parent one (except for some kind of layouts…), and you had no way to deactivate this inheritance. Now the "align" behavior is never inherited, which means you have to explicitly set it to True for all levels of layouts where you need it.
Mouse Cursor Access
- window.cursor_warp(x, y)
misc API additions
- add 'Scene.frame_current_final' to access the current frame including the subframe value r58392
- add 'bpy.path.reduce_dirs()' utility function to de-duplicate and remove nested paths before doing a recursive search. (r59077)
- make 'ID.materials.pop()' and more like pythons list.pop() (r59110)
- add 'ID.materials.clear()' method, matching other python list method. (r59138)