Blender 2.60: More Features
Changes up to revision 40847. Before editing or adding items, please read the guidelines for editing the changelogs.
- Frame node in new layout node category, for organizing node setups - r39980
- Muting nodes with only inputs or outputs is now supported (for example file output node) - r39437
- Internal improvements to the node system (documentation) - r39941
- Change sequence operator (C key) in sequence editor, to modify the filepath or effect inputs/type on existing strips - r39323
- Clear offsets operator (Alt+O) in sequence editor, to reset the start/end frames around the strip data - r39379
- Sequencer selected grouped operator to select by type, time, data - r40658
- Sequencer make metastrip shortcut changed from Shift+G (now selected group) to Ctrl+G - r40645
- Outliner right click, rename option in menu - r39867
- Outliner implementation of Toggle visibility/rendarability/selectability on right click on Groups - r39867
- Outliner filter now is a search function - r40066
- The outliner filter box only filtered items that were visible. To find what you want you needed to manually expand a few levels so that what you wanted to find becama visible. This expands items when filtering is done - effectively turning it into a search.
- Poly line drawing mode for grease pencil: - r39962
- Like sketch mode for lines, but you're specifying line knots by clicking on position you want to add next knot.
- View can be navigated between knots creation.
- Holding left mouse button down and sliding mouse will lead to new segment preview so it can be created more accurate.
- Two new functions to bge.render to allow users to change the anisotropic filtering level used by textures: - r39818
- setAnisotropicFiltering(level) and getAnisotropicFiltering()
- Lamp "Cast Buffer Shadows" option now works with GLSL in the viewport and game engine - r39683
- Game engine post drawing callbacks are now done per viewport instead of per scene. This is handy for things like having a different HUD for each player in a splitscreen game. To figure out what viewport you're drawing too, check the scene's active_camera. - r39729
- Many small speedups in drawing of text, buttons, meshes, ... - r39549, r39841, r40073, r40096, r40108, r40112, r40116, r40120, r40282, r40284, r40292, r40508
- Various small speedups in rendering and file loading - r39568, r39570, r39742
- Solidify modifier with vertex group option to set the thickness of zero weighted vertices - r39385
- Applying armature object transform now transforms bone roll too, so animations remain correct - r39706
- Drivers now have the noise module available by default (example .blend file) - r39919
- Ambient occlusion maximum samples increased from 32 to 128 - r39972
- 3D Mouse orbit now supports specifying inversion per axis - r40004
- Adaptive time step for fluid particles - r40537
- Quick effects now available in object menu - r40825
- OpenAL support enabled in Windows 64bit release
- JACK support enabled in Linux release