2.7x release cycle
Blender 2.70 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: Oct 8 (define targets, branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: Dec 8 (add branches to git, targets are defined)
- BCon3: Jan 12 (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: Feb 16 (provide test build, fixing only)
- BCon5: March 2(git frozen, RC a few days after)
More about the development process
- Release Notes for features already added.
- Game Engine Level of Detail (code review)
- Cycles SSS on GPU, AO node, Volumes as experimental
- FPS viewport navigation
- Custom mesh normals
- Multithreaded depsgraph
- Multi-view (stereoscopic) render and display support.
- Pie menus
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Initiated in 2007 and taking off in 2009, the Blender developers worked on upgrading the internal code for handling of events and tools. In practice it meant that the entire UI core was rewritten and cleaned up.