2.7x release cycle
Blender 2.76 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: June 12 (define targets, branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: June 28 (start add branches to git, targets are defined)
- BCon3: July 12 (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: July 26 (provide test build, fixing only)
- BCon5: August 2 (git frozen, RC a few days after)
More about the development process
- PTex support for textures in Cycles and viewport User:Nicholasbishop/Ptex
- Freestyle: Memory consumption improvements
- Action Management tools (part 3)
- Filebrowser rework (quicker, lighter, …): D1316.
- Branch & Patch migration list
See: Blender: Next where release critical tasks are listed.
Release Notes for features already added.
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Roadmap for 2.7 - 2.8 and beyond
The Blender 2.7x series will stay mostly compatible with the Blender 2.5 UI redesign project, but there's a number of essential upgrades we will need to do. On the Blender code blog you can read more, including an open discussion of the plans.
Next to that, Blender Foundation will support a massive Open Movie feature film project, executed by a dozen of Blender studios world-wide. This will have a focus on 3D animation creation, project and content management, and everything that's needed for high quality film work.
Summer of Code
More info about Google Summer of Code projects. (We are not in the 2015 edition)