2.6x release cycle
Blender 2.68 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: May 08 (define targets, get branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: May 26 (add branches to svn, targets are defined)
- BCon3: June 09 (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: June 22 (provide test builds, fixing only)
- BCon5: June 30 (svn frozen, release a few days after)
More about the development process
2.68 target candidates:
- Multi-view (stereoscopic) render and display support.
- Upgrade to OpenEXR 2.0
- Motion tracking - 'auto key'.
- Cycles: GPU Hair render
- Cycles Ubershader' (combining diffuse, glossy, transparent, emission, fresnel)
- Cycles: new hair shaders - including Kajiya-Kay.
- Pie menus
- Rigid Body constraint editing and visualization
- 3D Viewport render for Blender Internal
- Save and load "template" blend files (like managing multiple startups)
Release log in progress
- The 2.67 log will be here work that's being done on 2.67.
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Admins and Module Owners
Initiated in 2007 and taking off in 2009, the Blender developers worked on upgrading the internal code for handling of events and tools. In practice it meant that the entire UI core was rewritten and cleaned up.
Projects in Branches
This is an incomplete list of projects currently under development, see also the branches in svn.
- Node based particle system
- Nurbana project, advanced Nurbs editing and tools
There is a separate page for Game Engine Projects.