2.7x release cycle
Blender 2.70 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: Oct 8 (define targets, branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: Dec 15 (add branches to git, targets are defined)
- BCon3: Jan 12 (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: Feb 16 (provide test build, fixing only)
- BCon5: March 2(git frozen, RC a few days after)
More about the development process
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Roadmap for 2.7 - 2.8 and beyond
The Blender 2.7x series will stay mostly compatible with the Blender 2.5 UI redesign project, but there's a number of essential upgrades we will need to do. On the Blender code blog you can read more, including an open discussion of the plans.
Next to that, Blender Foundation will support a massive Open Movie feature film project, executed by a dozen of Blender studios world-wide. This will have a focus on 3D animation creation, project and content management, and everything that's needed for high quality film work.