2.7x release cycle
Blender 2.75 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: March 15 (define targets, branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: April 5 (add branches to git, targets are defined)
- BCon3: May 03 (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: May 27 (provide test build, fixing only)
- BCon5: June 5 (git frozen, RC a few days after)
More about the development process
- Multi-View (Stereo 3D) ✓ In Master
- New dependency graph (and Object updating) ✓ In Master
- NLA Strip time/influence keyframing working lag free ✓ In Master
- Action Management tools (part 2) ✓ In Master
- Cycles kernel split for OpenCL ✓ In Master
- Bundle Python executable with Blender. T43486 ✓ In Master
See: Blender: Next where release critical tasks are listed.
Release Notes for features already added.
2.76 or later targets
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Roadmap for 2.7 - 2.8 and beyond
The Blender 2.7x series will stay mostly compatible with the Blender 2.5 UI redesign project, but there's a number of essential upgrades we will need to do. On the Blender code blog you can read more, including an open discussion of the plans.
Next to that, Blender Foundation will support a massive Open Movie feature film project, executed by a dozen of Blender studios world-wide. This will have a focus on 3D animation creation, project and content management, and everything that's needed for high quality film work.
Summer of Code
More info about Google Summer of Code projects. (We are not in the 2015 edition)