- Background window texture coordinates are wrong in orthographic mode.
- Generated texture coordinates are not computed from the undeformed mesh.
- Normal and tangent coordinates do not have derivatives, so texture filtering and bump mapping does not work when using these as texture coordinates.
- When using Instancing or Dynamic BVH, self-intersection may occur due to precision issues. Switching to Static BVH may avoid some problems but not all (example) (report) (report)
- Missing viewport updates for:
- Shader changes for displacement
- Displacement maps get quantized (report)
- Shadow pass could be improved to not render emitting objects black (report)
- Verify consistency between bump and true displacement normals
- Add bump/displacement factor
- Displacement synchronization on shader changes
- Make displacement work in object space
There is some code for adaptive subdivision and displacement, but it's far from finished. The intention is to eventually have a nice unified bump and displacement system.
- Fix triangle patch splitting
- Non-manifold meshes
- Edge Dice handling of edge factors 0 and 1
- Fix degenerate patch normals
- Camera adaptive subdivision
- Gregory patch splitting