- Clean up/improve transform orientations UI
- API and draw code for manipulator needs to be redone still. For this reason no manipulator drawing happens during transform.
- Manipulator click behavior (left-click-release a manipulator axis to enable a transform on that axis -> perform transform and wait for another left-click to confirm. Expected behavior from 2.4x)
- Operator parameters in toolbar don't have to be drawn all always, needs cleanup.
- Inaccuracy with extreme perspective correction, solvable?
- "Connected proportional editing" is showed as an option in the uv-editor, but there's no code for it, report.
- Shear operator in editmode has no axis options with hotkeys X Y Z
- Transform redo fails when you change mode during transform (use R S G keys).
- Snapping with control points (Hotkey A) is not working correctly. report
- Snapping to volume bug: report
- Snapping on local axis fails: report
- Transform doesn't draw or accept units report
- Snapping doesn't work for Boolean modifier report
- Snap to cursor and snap to grid could be made to work more consistently: See #34441
- Proportional editing still is disabled for X-Mirror option. Could work! report
- Nurbs circles aren't perfect circles like they should be, see #21070
- Capping front / back -ends of beveled curve doesn't work, see #26136
- Constructive modifier kills generated UV mapping on bevelled curves, see #27411
- Implement vertex snapping for curves.
- Surfaces Make Segment rotates U/V even when it's not actually needed, see #31480
- Separate curves does not work on sub-sections of a curve (as it does with meshes). see #32680
- Lattice has no active element (active transform doesn't act as it should). see #35052
- Knife & loopcut
- Knife/loop cut need to work properly with operator properties/redo
- Restore Quad Corner Cut Methods (Innervert, Fan and Path) for Subdivisions and Knifecut
- Edge and Vertex snapping should respect angle constraints
- W-key boolean on selection.
- "Remove Doubles" tool has no support for merging/combining edge properties (like creases)
- Mirror edit mesh operator (Ctrl M) fails to flip normals leaving an incorrectly mirrored mesh (turns normals inside)
- Many tools should/could work more intuitively based on select mode without needing to specify what's being operated on, see report
- Skin Faces/Edge-Loop by pressing F
- 'Snap To Cursor' could translate the geometry rather then moving all points to a single location report
- Add option to disable n-gons usage for tools (might be useful for some usages) (see #31268)
- Extrude along normal: could use normal of every face individually.
- Edgeloop aware subdivide-smooth, (see #34294)
- 'Checker deselect' could be modified to work in some cases where it currently fails, (see #34544)
- Edge slide could be made to work on edge loops with only one side containing faces. (see #35009)
- Concave quads are currently not supported (but convex ngons are). (see #35187)
- Extrude behaviour on cancel, see here.
- Snapping should work (from user perspective) when extruding with ctrl-lmb, see here.
Text Editing (3D)
- When converting beveled text into a mesh - there are many doubles.
- Settings for pack margin in different operators behaves inconsistently, see detailed description: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2013-March/039547.html
- Remove doubles has an option to Merge with unselected verts, This would be very handy for welding also.
- Border zoom (probably just need to change shift-b select pinned verts to alt-b, and then hotkey)
- Detect convex mesh without seams on unwrap and print warning.
- Unwrapping fails on a particular strange topology (#31145)
- Not ported from 2.4x
- Click Project from face
- Consolidate into one image
- Billboard render on active
- Weight Paint brush currently doesn't blur, it averages weights under the brush, Comprehensive info on this (see #34596)
Sculpt & Paint
- Check documentation and fix hotkeys which could be useful for artists (or remove redundant hotkeys and update documentation), see #26017
- Grab + symmetry can make things shoot off more quickly than they should (strength of movement is being double counted), see #25370
- Not all drawing modes supports PBVH drawing, see #32454
- Not all shading modes are supported for dyntopo, see #34010
- Hidden faces are treated as hidden by sculpt tools but when PBVH drawing isn't used, the hidden faces display (and cant be edited), see #33078
- Solve projection paint issue when one vertex in a face in behind the view in perspective mode
- Continue to unify paint modes
- Consistent brush texture mapping across paint modes (sculpt/tex paint/proj paint).
- Consistent brush options, eg. 'Rake' or 'Anchored' in texture paint.
- Make paint of displacement texture apply real time on model (optional). link
- Allow view center to work for selected/active face in WPaint mode.
- Clone image painting should support the same translation/rotation/scale tools as stencil texture mapping.
- Default attach point of GP data is confusing (report)
- Grease pencil fails when executed from toolbar of 3dviewport split into quad view (see report)
- Improve handling of linking of materials to Object/Data. Right assigning a material-less data to object the materials from object are gone too report
- Has been re-written to use bmesh, making 2.63 slower then 2.62, There are areas where speed could be improved, for full info see #30695
- Textures from cap objects are completely ignored and no way to override them, see #33578
- Only solid draw mode uses optimized drawing
- Orphaned code... needs maintainer. Reports: #19928 and #24765
- Bring back bevel weight support, like in 2.4
- Does not preserve edge custom data, see #35314.
Simple Deform Modifier
- The bend/taper/twist options use fixed axis, add XYZ options would be nice. #33712
- Boolean modifier does not support NGons
- Boolean modifier does not preserve vertices/edges data, see #32203, #33548
- Issues with degenerated faces, see #30447
- Limit decimation along seams (UV vertex color, etc), see #32203
- Generic issue: baking ignores making pointcaches when modifier preview has been disabled. Doesn't need fix - but let's keep track of this for future work.
- Proper handling of rendered subframes without baked pointcache, for more info see 
- Proper handling of different vertices placed at the same position with "Soft Body Self Collision" option turned on (see here).
- Cloths doesn't allow preview during bake (see here).
- Dupli-group cloth in NLA fails link
- Data has to be interpolation between cached frames for motion blur to work correctly, see here.
- Collision modifier updates it's data structure even if there are no physics that need it (can be slow), a check should be added to make sure the data is actually needed, see here and here.
- Making sure memory is actually allocated eve for big grid resolutions and handling errors gracefully, see report, and another report about obstacles using a lot of memory.
- Volume obstacles do not deactivate when animating the 'Active' value, see report.
- Tessellation fails in some cases, see report.
- Fluid sim ignores delta scale report.
- Animated inflow (and outflow) doesn't work report.
- Better handling of collisions & force fields for dynamic hair
- Wave kink direction is totally uncontrollable, probably there needs to be a way to define hair tangent direction in particle edit mode.
- Adding hair in particle mode only uses the deformed mesh, see report.
- Particle rotation (with duplicates) is totally broken. Six reports collected here
- Particle emission between frames is only accurate for object level emitter/parent animation, an interpolation method needs to be implemented, but before this can be done pointcache code has to get some changes too. See report1 and report2 for more details.
- Reactor particles
- Conversion from some old files could be better
- Vector blur + particles being born/dying doesn't work properly, see here.
- Metaballs don't work with particles when the particle view setting isn't "render", see this report for more info.
- "Constructive modifiers before particles" is still an open issue, but some way to handle this gracefully would be really nice, see this report for more info.
- Density of particles can't be animated with animated textures, see report.
- Instanced objects do not show in particle edit mode, see report.
- Issue with ghosting particles if you don't bake first. report
- Linked groups: Force fields and guides only work if you use "Effector Group" feature, set to its own group.
- Particle Hair dynamics: stops working after using "Add tool". report
- Instanced objects don't draw in Particle Edit Mode. report
- Child particles Interpolated mode only works well for Hair, for other particles it doesn't take particle lifetime into account. report
- Particle emission doesn't support NGons.
- Particle Object duplication doesn't work with Mirror modifier report
- Particle systems fail to duplicate for smoke simulation report
Image & Video
- DOF Defocus node: fStop close to 128 fails to give good results, stay away from that value! tracker report
- DOF node gives no realistic results as users expect, documentation needs upgrade for it.
- Defocus node is very slow when large blur radius is needed, could be optimized somehow (mipmap, summed area table?) report
- Fast Gauss (Gabor filter, Young/VanVliet) has bad results for edge cases. Needs image processing guru link
- Check on DPX and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASC_CDL and report+examples
- Map UV makes mapped images blurry, see #31868
- Some nodes does not preserve alpha channel replacing it with fully opaque, see #32580
- With new compositor, on loading files a compositor doesn't start (for existing buffers), so viewers remain empty as well. #35417
- Upgrade our DPX code to read newer or different versions, copy the ImageMagick code? link
- Sequencer preview rendering needs to be reimplemented using the job system, see bugs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and comments in seq_render_scene_strip_impl()
- Relation between strip input offset and crop is not well defined and an "Image Scale" control should probably be added, see here and here.
- Moving of F-curves together with sequencer strips is not handled very predictably, the functionality needs proper design behind it, see here.
- Drag'n'dropped .ogg files in the sequencer are added only as audio and filtered out when adding a movie, see here.
- Preview rendering resets animated properties when manually editing #32890
- Scene strip added to the same scene would double affect on start frame #33298
- Resizing of Blender doesn't resize BGE.
- "Split Region in 4 Parts" launch BGE only in one of the parts.
- Maximum BGE screen size has one extra pixel (eg. 1025x769). That produces two problems:
- 2Dfilters may work slower (the power of 2 buffer will be 2048x1024 in the above example
- Dome mode is not centralized (slightly noticeable).