Overview | Tools | User Interface | Editors | Animation | Render | Breaking Forward Compatibility | Scripting | Import/Export | Simple Todos | Regression Tests
All of the proposed projects are intended to be something that an experienced blender developer could accomplish in 4 hours or less. For someone new to Blender these should probably be appropriate targets for a first time project. DO NOT ADD TO THIS LIST if you are not a developer and have some idea of how difficult the task is. This is not a generic wishlist.
Also see Quick Hacks.
- Add drag and drop support for images to brush texture and image textures
- Proper notification and notification handling throughout the application. See for instance timeline playback
- Handle loading of .blend files that contain spacetypes (editors) that don't exist report.
- Exit behaviour
- tweaks, gestures, double-click and normal mouse input are conflicting by design. Ton will tackle it.
- Related to above: for tablet users, the thresholds should be user defined.
- Make our low level GHOST library read trackpad events (smooth scroll), for Windows and Linux.
- Unweld UVs - unwelds the selected uv faces/edges/vertices from all verts it is welded to
- Highlight shared edges - highlights the uv edges corresponding to selected uv edges that are shared in the main mesh.
- Add drag and drop for textures into the texture panel
- Port over all procedural textures from render code.
- none as of now
For people interested in helping out with the blender/python here are some general todos.
- Port scripts from 2.4x, many are still not done, import/export especially.
- Submit small example snippets which are mostly missing from our documentation.
Object could use some examples: http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_57_release/bpy.types.Object.html
- Write template scripts see "Text Window -> Text -> Script Templates" we miss an addon template.
CoDEmanX: Addon Add Object (addon_add_object.py) is pretty much such a template
- COLLADA importer/exporter error handling and communication towards user: report.
- negative scale and parenting problems.
- skin controller issues. more. (assigned to jbakker).
- import issues on Owl repository files.
- export of bezier curves (interpolation).
- export of armature with multiple objects creates invalid .dae
- Auto-save import/export settings:
Let setting panels (ImportHelper/ExportHelper) of IO addons remember the last used settings (automatically store, even if canceled. Like if a preset was written when operator ended and auto loaded when called again). Ask CoDEmanX if not clear.