Overview | Tools | User Interface | Editors | Animation | Render | Breaking Forward Compatibility | Scripting | Import/Export | Simple Todos | Regression Tests
Render & UI
- While rendering, manipulating images (like reload, resizing generated) can still crash Blender. Better image "owner" locking is required for 2.5  
- While rendering, several UI changes can cause crashes volume
- Rendering can't really use normal scene data if ui is interactive without causing all kinds of trouble, for examples and related issues see the item above this one.. and the reports
24906, 22585, 24506, 22000, 25229, 26535
- Renaming scene leads to missing rendered result in image editor and compositor (see here)
- Shaded draw mode (using render code for vertex colors) is most certainly not coming back
- Color Management can be communicated better, like when sampling colors in Image Window it confuses (could indicate such). Color Management also wasn't added backward compatible, disabling it gives dark results.
- Compositor "file out" node doesn't work for FSA, and as color management troubles too.
- FSA render uses temp files with names preventing other Blender instances to render too. discussion
- Texture nodes have been implemented by recursively (backwards) calling parent nodes, this gives issues for viewers, previews and threads in general.We will try to keep it stable, but the functionality for this is going to replaced with a better shader system in 2.6. (compositor and material nodes call nodes forward, sorted on dependency. Each node is only called once this way).
- Render display in Image window, for a window previously showing UV editor, doesn't restore correctly. report. Code for this is too much spread around and fuzzy, needs full revision.
- Raytracing black dots (report)
- Make Blender's pipeline better alpha-type aware, including sequencer, compositing, image viewing and painting. As a result PNG then can also get a (default) option to save out non-premulled alpha. discussion
- More alpha issues: Generated Image alpha fail
- Known issue since 2.3x: Raytracing textures doesn't preserve tangents or derivatives, causing normalmaps or image textures or bumps to not show, or too blurred. Is for new shader system (2.6)
- Known issue since 2.3x: Raytraced shadows or reflections don't show up in Environment Maps. Postponed to 2.6 as well.
- Known issue since beginning: Raytracing doesn't support screen texture coordinates (on ray hits)
- Known issue: Oren Nayer diffuse doesn't work correct for Area Lights (Oren Nayer can't use volumetric integral)
- Using displacement texture + use normal from same texture gives unpredictable results. 
- Texture nodes disabled for displacement now, conflict in using it with render (needs owner for stack).
- 2.6 todo: for recode of shaders, be aware of errors in sampling transparent shadows link
- Stencil option in material only works a bit wacko, affecting its own channel too and multiplying effect on normals on each further channel. Fix is possible, but preferred is to wait for 2.6 redesign. report
- Known issue: Full Sample render doesn't work for Lens Flares.
- Raytraced soft shadows for sun and hemi depend on scene size (report)
- [#28926] wrong Environment Lighting caused by zenith color (report )
- [#27017] Shadow Only doesn't work with Environment Light (report)
- SSS with small scattering distance can give artifacts with AA render in some cases (report)
- Textures used for world/lamps can't be disabled like for material, was never implemented (report)
- Using extremely small faces can cause normals to flip: report
- Implementation of "Cook Torrance" and "Blinn" specular are inaccurate and use wrong names; discussion
In general: this feature is currently not in active maintenance, we need a new owner of the code.
- Volumes don't render inside transparent objects (report)
- Add 'bounding box' texture mapping type (stretches 0,1 or -1,1 mapped to object instance's bounding box)
- Try to make the point density baking space stuff more intuitive
- Only the basis metaball with volumetric material is taken into account when rendering (report)
- [#28849] Volume and z-layer (report)
- [#30322] Problem with Rendering Lamps in volumetric Bodies (report)
- [#29766] Smoke doesn't receive light from his own particles (report)
- [#31749] Mirror inside volume does not reflect volume (report)
- [#32367] Point density texture is unpredictable for higher settings. 
- Volume rendering doesn't work together with mask layers when inside volumes (#33480)
- Threading issue with large memory requiring trees (report)
- add option to smooth vertex colors as a post process after baking #35066.