- Triple Buffer is slow on some graphics cards, especially Intel
- VBO problems for sculpt and object mode.
- More issues in the bug tracker
- Offscreen buffers don't work on some cards. Add an option to switch to rendering these in a different method (2.49's method worked).
- Testing for support of OpenGL features, for example NPOT textures, is needed, since some gfx cards report full support even if the support is only partial or with serious restrictions. (report)
- Add code to detect drives to change (usb connected, disconnected)
- No support yet for Windows network drive paths (\\)
- RNA library needlessly rebuilds every time in visual studio.
- Blender doesn't recognize .lnk shortcuts or hidden files.
- IME unicode fonts (Chinese, Japanese) are not supported. report
Mac OS X
- Users have to manually change OS X defaults:
- Map middle mouse to regular "Mouse button 2"
- Make the Function keys use modifiers (so Blender sees these)
- Change the Shift+NumPad options to not use Shift (change spaces)
- The latter two could become part of a new standard OS X compliant map in the future?
- QTKit output for 64 bit blender does not support all codecs (report)
- Finder aliases or hidden files are not being recognized by Blender
- OS X Nvidia: MultiSample drawing might not work for edit-mesh selection, and gives freeze-delays on using Particle Combing.
- pressure sensitivity on first stroke wrong. (report)
- Drives could be auto-mounted as they are in Ubuntu's file manager (selecting an unmounted drive mounts it). (report)
- Interface issues under Debian PPC64 #31063
- Nvidia: MultiSample drawing might not work for edit-mesh selection.