Overview | Tools | User Interface | Editors | Animation | Render | Breaking Forward Compatibility | Scripting | Import/Export | Simple Todos | Regression Tests
- Mixing "direct" and "indirect" data not well supported report
- #33207 FBX Exporter is Exporting un-keyframed Bones in Actions
Moving opencollada bugs to TODO has been done since this has so far not yet been effectively maintained.
This is not a step to remove collada support, however if in the next year there is little work done in this area we may have to reconsider.
I propose the first goal to get blender exporting armatures, animation & geometry to 1 application successfully as a first goal.
Since the 2.4x python script was capable of this, it should not be so hard.
Export to SecondLife can be our first target, this has the advantage that secondlife is opensource therefor easier to get hold of for testing.
Short term goals (Blender 2.64)
- Make export and Import more robust. Idealy reimport of an exported collada file should recreate the original data.
- Organize module testing. Please feel free to provide test cases and results on the Collada Import/Export page
Long term goals
- Investigate in ways to improve the Collada module. Currently 3 possible approaches are investigated:
- Fix the current Bugs and make the OpenCollada based module stable and fit for purpose
- Refactor/Rewrite the module based on OpenCollada
- Create a Python based solution. (some comments)
Feature set on the GUI
Curent state (june 2012)
Planned (to be approved)
- Selection Only
- Include Children (regardless of selection state)
- Include Armatures
- Use Object instantiation
- Export for Second Life
Here we collect which Apps Work, Which have issues. Currently the list is in relation to Blender revision 43930 (pre 2.62)
|Target System||Static Meshes||Armatures||Animation||Comment|
|Blender||OK||Error||?||Import issues will be fixed after 2.62|
|Second Life||OK||OK||n.a.||in depth tests in progress|
|Maya 2012||?||?||?||Waiting for response from Tester|
|more here ...||...||...||...||-|
This is the color code used in the following lists:
- not colorised: The report has not yet been checked.
- This report needs more information
- This report is most probably resolved
- This report is partialy resolved
- This report definitely needs to be resolved
Reports which have been verified by the reporter as "resolved", will be removed from this list.
- #32843 AFTER 2.65 - Collada Spotlight angle animation is in radians not degrees
- #29672 export bone to collada file, the transform matrix is not right
- #29345 Collada exported files including bones do not work if imported into Vue...
- needs access to Vue
- #28662 Collada export, broken animation track name IDs
- "name" attributes of nodes are not properly escaped
- #25527 COLLADA export issues
Export: missing features or not a Collada issue
- #29465 Collada - Armature Export Bug
- export skinned mesh with constraints not supported
- #22388 Collada Export assigns improper ids to skin controllers when more than one.
- request for IK export support and a user option for switching between sampled and interpolated animation
- #27789 B258 > Collada Export > library linked groups not exported
- #27161 COLLADA: Export problem when activating transparency
- #27389 Collada exporter ignores bones affected by IK
- #24759 Export of armature with multiple objects creates invalid .dae
- #32652 Import from Lightwave creates Error when rendering with LuxRender
- #32392 import fails for transparency and reflectivity
- #31682 Collada ex- and reimport, textures gets lost, some errors (export part resolved in version 50556)
- #31728 Collada crash after import
- #31089 Collada crash after import
- #30301 Collada import data leak?
- #30008 COLLADA Import: Visual scene node hierarchy / root not handled correctly
- #29013 Import Collada causes Blender not responding
- #28894, #29058 COLLADA import crash
- validation errors
- fails to import in FXComposer-2.5
- fails to validate in GoogleSketchup, but imports well there
- segfault (probably due to wrong memory writes)
- complex. needs lots of time to debug
- #28887 COLLADA import and texture paths
- #28762 COLLADA import transparency
- #28378 Importing COLLADA file not importing as expected.
- #28242 Collada import changes units to Metric
- #27629 COLLADA import does wrong transofrmations
- transformation errors (non-skin), nice attachments
- single chair imports well in Meshlab and FXComposer-2.5
- the chair now imports well
- <node id="ID2045"> - the wheel - contains multiple <instance_geometry>s - test case
- #27128 Collada files from this camera tracking app for iPhone are not being imported correctly
- #26012 Import Collada: instance_node incorrectly handled
- #25754 COLLADA skinned animation import error
- animated avatar imports well in FXComposer-2.5
- #25432 Collada - up_axis not processed
- #22689 Collada import not importing animations if skins do not exist
- #22495 Collada importer bugs
Import: missing features
- #29014 Import Collada: cannot load dae referencing other dae
- #34447 camera data broken (missing softimage support)
Round trip issues (reimport to blender broken)
- #32549 Collada don't export properly
- #28215 blender 2.59rc - Export collada - import collada - armature bones with inverted axis
Resolved & closed
- #30724 COLLADA export material name is wrong
- #28424 Blender >= 2.57 crashing when importing collada files created using GoogleSketchUp (ver 8)
- no crash as of r. 44615
- validation errors in both files (OpenCollada compiled with expat parser)
crash on first file when testing on Linux
- #27640 COLLADA - Issue exporting geometries with just points or lines.
- #22891 Collada exports bezier keyframes as linear
- #20634 Collada export exporting -tive z scale as wrong x rotation