Add Ons Release Notes
As in older versions, in Blender 2.53 we supply a selection of scripts that are installed by default, but we have also implemented a new method for extending Blender with Python Scripts. These now are being distributed and stored as Add-ons which you can choose to enable or disable each individually. This helps to keep the interface clean and well organized.
In User Preferences there is a new panel called "Add-Ons": here you will find a selection of scripts in various categories, like Interface Helpers, Object Wizards, Import/Export extras and more, that you can enable, test, and disable when you don't need them anymore. Or, you can install them if you feel you need them in your daily job in Blender.
If you know how to develop in Python, use these scripts as examples to start writing your own scripts, and learn how to enhance Blender.
We hope you all enjoy the new Add Ons System for Python Scripts in Blender 2.5!
For more information;
Blender Included Add Ons
3d View & Menu helper scripts:
These scripts add elements or menus to the 3d View workspace:
- This script provides a Panel of align tools in the Toolshelf. Similar to 3dmax align tools
- This script provides a quick'n'easy materials menu in the 3d View
- This scripts shows visual measurements in the 3d view
- This tool allows you to Edit arbitrary selected properties for objects of the same type
- This script adds a Dynamic Menu to the 3d View. Similar to the old spacebar menu but much improved
Add Curve Scripts
These scripts add extra Curve objects to the Add Curve Menu:
- This Script adds many types of Flat Curve objects
- This script adds a variety of Torus Knots & Twisted curve objects
- This script works similar to the decimate modifier with Curves and fCurves
Add Mesh Scripts
These scripts add extra primitives to Blenders Add mesh menu:
- This script allows you to enter math formulas to create mesh objects
- This script is a collection of simple objects like Spindle, Wedge, Sqorus, Star & Trapezohedron
- This script adds a Gear object with many parameters
- This script adds a Diamond or a Gem object
- This script adds pipe joints with varying angles & join types
- This script adds a variety of 'Solid' math objects
- This script adds a Torus Object with twisted vertices
These scripts add extra formats to Blender's import/export toolkit.
(wiki page to be written)
- This script relaxes or smooths the mesh using the shrink wrap modifier
(wiki page to be written)
- This script uses Grease Pencil Strokes to retopo or create mesh from grease pencil strokes. (Advanced Users)
These scripts create or edit object bases to create improved or altered objects:
- This script creates Chain Object parented to a Curve path & Rotation empty.
- This script creates Volumetric Clouds from Objects
- This script breaks objects into parts with Fracture Tools
These scripts let you render with external render engines:
- This script sends .blend as session to http://www.renderfarm.fi to render